Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Visits to the hardware store...

State-o-mind: producing ideas all over the place
Task at Hand: Journal Entry... writing down new ideas.
On The Horizon: Model building... script writing, proposal for term goals.
What is working: Flow of ideas... even my dreams are more vivid these days. Not exactly sure what freed up my creativity, but need to figure it out so next time I am stuck, I will be able to get out of it sooner.
What is not working: everything seems to be flowing, just need to keep up the momentum...
Other thoughts: Ideas... the transfer of energy from one ego to another can be handled post production in after effects or maya particles. Think I will approach Ego subject matter in a documentary style with voice over, which complicates things as far as language barriers but I am not going to worry about that right now. I think that it will free me up from worrying if I can get my ideas across visually. Although visually showing the ideas is key, it has been a barrier to moving forward in this piece. I think if I have the narration as a structure, it will help me choreograph the dance of egos. The narration will help keep the subject light and humorous and away from being preachy.

Side note: Walked into Ace Hardware to pick up vacuum bags and had a few moments to wander down the aisles... forgot how inspiring it is for me to just look at materials, may need to spend a couple of hours at one of the big stores just feeding my imagination.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way after watching a good movie or reading a good book - just meandering through the pages causes inspiration.

    ReplyDelete