Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Professional status

So summer and fall terms did not produce a finished project, however more stuff marinating in my brain. After three weeks off to work, settle after a major move and just play DK, watch TV, and be me, I feel energized and ready to go. Perhaps I was suffering from a major case of burn out, or gave in to major resistance. Steven Pressfield states in the "The War of Art" pg 79. "The amateur believes he must first overcome his fear; then he can do his work. The professional knows that fear can never be overcome. He knows there is no such thing as a fearless warrior or a dread-free artist... ... once he gets into the action, his fear will recede and he'll be okay."

I am turning pro today, this is a declaration and commitment to art. Pass or fail, suck or not, time to charge forward. Writing this down will help me to remember to keep working.

1 comment: